Tuesday, 11 October 2011
Business Quotes that will make you go... hmmm
Enjoy, and I would love to hear some of your favourites…
· “When I asked my accountant if anything could get me out of this mess I am in with my business, he thought for a long time and said, ‘Yes, death would help’” – Robert Morley
· “I don’t want any yes men around me. I want everyone to tell me the truth…. Even if it costs him his job.” – Samuel Goldwyn
· “I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early” – Charles Lamb
· “His insomnia was so bad, he couldn’t sleep during office hours” – Arthur Baer
· “When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him ‘Whose?’ ” – Don Marquis
· “You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there” – Yogi Berra
· “We didn’t actually overspend our budget. The allocation simply fell short of our expenditure.” – Keith Davis
· “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle” – Plato
· “Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.” – Peter F. Drucker
And my current favourite…
· “The definition of a consultant: Someone who borrows your watch, tells you the time and then charges you for the privilege.” – Anonymous
Do you have small business questions you would like answered about this article or others? Please visit www.VRWindsor.com or call 519-903-7807.
William Sivell is a sales representative of VR Windsor Inc., Business Brokerage; his blog appears every Tuesday.